By the day that I had today you would think that it's a full moon outside. Of course we have two more days until the actual full moon. It all started at about midnight last night when Alex finally went to bed for the night. He has been having a bit of trouble going to bed for the last few weeks getting out of bed multiple times before actually going to bed.
Then this am we all got up and were having a normal morning. Alex wanted to have some yogurt for breakfast so he went to the fridge. Of course I immediately noticed that there were some frozen things in the fridge so I automatically checked the freezer and there were a lot of things in there that were not frozen anymore and pretty icky. I of course called in a maintenance request right away. They were out right away and fixed the problem but that didn't help the fact that I lost a lot of food after I had just been to the store a few days ago. After all of that it was out the door to work with the kids. Of course I had no time for breakfast so I ate some dry cereal on the run.
Once at work things were going well until Alex decided that he wanted to be crazy and destructive. He of course work up Sam and I told him he needed to calm down and he didn't so I told him no more TV and turned it off. He had a fit and started screaming and crying. Then Sam started to cry. This went on for about an hour. I of course did what I could to calm them down but nothing worked so I just kept on ironing. The whole time I was laughing in my head because I just kept thinking this is of course how my day would go. Finally Sam fell asleep and Alex came over and told me, "I'm sorry mommy, I promise I no scream, I watch TV now?" That was followed by, "big hug please." He knows how to melt my heart and pull at my heart strings. I'm interested to see how that will play out for him when he gets bigger...the ladies will be after him for sure. My little heartbreaker.
Now that we are home...the full moon affect has ended and we had a great night. We were able to have dinner together tonight after a quick run to the store for some pizza planet. Alex of course asked this am before the freezer went on the fritz for pizza planet and I said yes not knowing that the pizza in the freezer was bad. It was great to have dinner as a family and then enjoy some cookies and ice cream to top it off. All in all the day has ended well after a rough start. I guess family time has made all the stress of the morning disappear and end the day on a good note.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment